Legend Mining Limited is dedicated to being a leading and sustainable Australian Mining Company built on exploration and corporate success for the benefit of all of its stakeholders.
Legend aspires to create enduring value for our host communities and limiting our negative impacts, whilst both achieving operational excellence and fulfilling our corporate social responsibilities.
Legend is committed to:
- Open and transparent communication.
- Understanding and respecting the needs and aspirations of local people.
- Acting in a responsible manner at all times.
- Conducting heritage surveys with the appropriate indigenous people.
- Protecting indigenous sites of cultural or spiritual significance.
- Identifying commercial opportunities for local businesses and opportunities to employ people from our local community.
- Complying with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements as a minimum standard.
Legend will foster a culture in which:
- everyone is aware of their obligations in respect of the law and their role
- everyone is accountable for the outcomes of their actions
- communication, consultation and active participation results in effective stakeholder engagement
- leaders are seen to provide leadership in stakeholder engagement
This policy applies to our people; a group we take to include all employees, directors, officers, contractors and consultants of Legend Mining and its subsidiaries. Our people have a reciprocal duty to ensure that they take responsibility for their own actions and work both individually and as a team to fulfill the requirements of this policy.
Complete and consistent implementation of this policy and its supporting standards and procedures are required across all Legend Mining operations.